Monday, May 21, 2007


I spent Saturday in Melbourne enjoying the blustery weather, burnt croissants and great Italian bakery treats. Miles and I caught up with two good friends. Despite all of us leading drastically different lives we still get on like the proverbial house on fire.
I do however, seem to feel increasingly alienated from people, and friends, at the moment. Maybe it's the cold weather making me feel a bit fenced off. Probably.
It's happening at uni at the moment too. I just can't seem to connect with anyone in the class. A glaring problem is that I have little to nothing in common with any of them, but usually this wouldn't bother me. I'd trundle along getting as enthusiastic as I could about whatever it was they were all nattering about. But I can't fake it at the moment. I couldn't give a rats backside, and unfortunately my face gives me away. I've taken to burying myself in the work and pretending I'm super busy so I don't have to bother.
On the flip side however, I then get all down and out because no one talks to me much, and I'm not invited to the pub like everyone else, and no one ever notices when I'm missing.
Boy am I whinging today!
Get over yourself mofo.

On a brighter, and more interesting note, here's another mixed tape I made recently for a friend who put in a request.

1. Take what you take - Lily Allen
2. That Time - Regina Spektor
3. This is It - Ryan Adams
4. Science is Golden - The Grates
5. Come on! Feel the Illinoise! - Sufjan Stevens
6. Love I don't have to love - Bright eyes
7. Nothing much happens - Ben Lee
8. Hospital Beds - Cold War kids
9. I've got you and you've got me - New Buffalo
10. Sha Sha - Ben Kweller
11. Crosses - Jose Gonzalez
12 Maybe not - Cat Power
13. Flame Trees - Sarah Blasko
14. Hold me now - The Polyphonic Spree

1 comment:

Sarah said...

And a great mix tape it is too. Total flow happening.

Certainly know the feeling of not being able to muster up much interest. Maybe it not you, maybe everybody else is being particulary dull. Yep, most probably.